This is a variation of the vanilla pudding. This is easier than the pudding with one less ingredient, gelatin. We do not need the pudding consistency, all we need to do is to freeze the custard and serve. This is an old fashioned kind of home-made ice-cream. This wont be so creamy as the usual ice-creams. This can be made creamy by adding some milk-maid into it.
1.Vanilla Custard Powder- 1/4 cup
2. Milk 3 cup
3. Sugar 1/2 cup
4. Vanilla Essence-3 drops
5. Milk-maid 1/2 tin
1. Keep aside quarter cup of milk from 3 cups and boil the milk(2 3/4 cups)in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Into the kept aside milk, dissolve the custard, store bought. You can use any brand which is available in the market.
3. Add the mixture into the boiling milk and simmer for half an hour. Stir continuously, other wise there are chances of sticking to the bottom and burning.
4. Add sugar, mix well and stir continuously until the milk starts thickening.Add milk-maid. Add the vanilla essence into this and stir, Switch of the flame.Let it cool in room temperature.
5. Pour it into a dish. Keep in the freezer for 3 hours.
6. Ice-cream is ready and can be served with some freshly cut fruits in caramel(reduced sugar) syrup.
Variations: can be done by using different types of custard available in the market like strawberry, mango, mixed fruit or any other types of custards and replacing the essence accordingly with strawberry essence, orange, pine apple, mango or mixed fruit essence.