Wednesday, June 16, 2010
A dish which kids as well as grown-ups love to eat. This can be served as a starter item as well as a side dish with the main courses like Fried rice, Chapathi, Parotta, Naan or just steamed rice. This is made in three steps which includes frying the chicken and then making the sauce and finally coating the chicken well with the gravy.
1. Chicken cut into small pieces, boneless or with bone: 1/4 kg
2. Eggs beaten well-2
3. Cornflour- 1 1/2tsp
4. Soysauce- 2 tbsp
6. Pepper-1 tsp
7. Ginger-Garlic Paste- 1tsp
8. All purpos flour/maida- 2tsp
9. Onion chopped -3
10. Onion diced-1
11. Half Capsicum/Bell pepper diced
12. Green chillies minsed-6
13. Garlic minsed-7
14. Chilly powder-1 tsp
15. Vegetable Oil/ Canola Oil/ Olive oil- 3 tbsp
16. Oil for frying chicken
17. Celery- 1/2 a cup chopped
18. Spring onion-1/4 cup chopped
19. Soysauce- 1 tbsp
20. Chilly sauce- 3 tbsp
21. Sugar- 1/4 tsp
22. Cornflour- 2 tsp
1. Mix all the ingredients from 1-8 and keep aside for half an hour and deep fry them in hot oil.
2. In a pan, pour 3 tbsp oil. Add ginger garlic paste,garlic and green chillies. Saute for some seconds.
3. Add chilly powder and pepper powder,saute for a minute and then add chopped onions. Saute till transparent.
4. Add half the celery and half the spring onion. Saute for a minute.
5. Add soysauce and chilli sauce.
6. Add sugar and two glasses of water. Keep the lid closed and let it boil.
7. Once boiled, add the diced onion, bell pepper and the fried chicken.
8. Keep the lid closed till the diced onion starts becoming transparent.
9. Now, keep the lid open and mix well the chicken in the sauce.
10. Any sauce or pepper powder or salt, if needed can be added to the gravy at this point.
11. Now add 2 tsp cornflour mixed in 3 tsp water into this.
12. Now the gravy will start thickening. Stir well, otherwise there are chances of cornflour forming lumps.
13. Switch off the flame when the gravy reaches the right consistency you want. If you are serving it as a starter let all the water content dry and only the chicken and the onion remain. Granish with the rest of the celery and spring onion.
14. Serve hot with fried rice or chapathis. Serve with a tooth pick pierced into each chicken piece when served as a starter.