1. Coconut Oil-2tsp
2. Grated Coconut-1/2 cup
3. Shallots(ulli)- 6
4. Curry leaves- a few
5. Ani seeds(perinjeerakam)-1/2 tsp
6. Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
7. Chilly powder- 2 tsp
8.Coriander powder- 1 tsp
9. Garam masala-1/2 tsp
10. Onion- 1
11. Tomatoes- 1/2
12. Ginger-Garlic Paste- 2tsp
13. Chicken - 1/2 kg
14. Slit Red chillies- 2
1. Heat 1 tsp oil and add the grated coconut,3 chopped small onions(shallots), ani seeds and 2-3 curry leaves.
2. When half fried add turmeric powder,chilly powder, coriander powder and 1/4 tsp garam masala. Fry till dark-brown. It must be fried properly till crispy powder form.
3. In a blender, add this mix and blend it to a fine paste with some water. Keep aside
4. In a pan, add sliced onion, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, till onion turns translucent.
5. Add garam masala and saute well.
6. Add chicken and the ground paste into this and coat them well with the mixture.
7. Add enough water to the level of chicken to dip. Add enough salt. When it starts boiling, keep the lid closed and let the chicken cook well.
8. Once chicken gets cooked, keep the lid open and reduce the water to nill. When it has fully dried, switch off the flame.
9. Heat some oil in a pan, add slit red chillies, 3chopped small onions and lots of curry leaves. Fry for a minute.
10. Pour this into the curry
11. Serve hot with kerala rice.