Wednesday, June 23, 2010
4. Green Peas- 1/4 cup
5. Butter- 4 tbsp
6. Tomato- 1/2
7. Onion- 1
8. Grated ginger- 1/2 tsp
9. Green chillies-2-3
10. Cilantro/ Coriander leaves, a few
11. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
12. Cumin seeds- 1/4 tsp
13. Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
14. Salt, to taste
15. Coriander powder, a pinch
16. Dried methi leaves/kasuri methi crushed-1/2 tsp
17. Heeng/asafoetida/kaaya podi- a pinch
18. Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
19. Lemon Juice-1 tsp
20. Bun/ Bread- 5-6 slices cut into half.
1. Cook all the vegetables from 1-4.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp butter, add tomatoes,onions, ginger, green chillies and cilantro. Saute till onion and tomato becomes soft. Mash it properly.
3. Add turmeric powder, cumin seeds, pepper pwder , salt, coriander powder, kasuri methi and asafoiteda. Saute for 3 minutes.
4. Mash the cooked vegetables and add into the pan. Mix with other ingredients and mash it well to a medium paste.
5. Add 2 tbsp of butter and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add some tsps of water and mix well, so that it does not dry out and stick to the bottom.
7. Add little garam masala, if desired.
8. Add lemon juice, mix well.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Slice the bun/ bread(Pav) into desired size and shape. In 1 tbsp butter in another pan, toast the bread till light brown.
10. Serve hot with the bhaji (cooked vegetable mixture) along with some chopped onion and lemon wedges.