2. Red Chilly Powder-11/2 tbsp
3. Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
4. Coriander Powder-3 tsp
5. Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
6. Garam masal-1 tsp
7. Cardamom Powder- 1/4 tsp
8. Oil- 2tbsp
9. Ginger-Garlic Paste-2 tsp
11. Green chillies- 2
12. Coriander leaves, a few
13. Curry leaves- a few
14. Tomato Pieces- 1
1. Clean the chicken and cut into medium pieces.
2. Marinate chicken with chilly powder, turmeric powder,coriander powder,pepper powder,garam masala, salt and cardamom powder for an hour.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion, green chillies chopped and some curry leaves.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till onion gets translucent.
5. Add chopped tomato. Saute till soft.
6. Add aniseeds and saute.
7. Now, add marinated chicken pieces into this and mix well with onion mix and stir for 2 mnts.
8. Now transfer this into cooker and add 1/4 cup water mixed in 1/4 cup coconut milk. Mix well and cook for 4 whistles in medium flame. Now chicken will be well cooked and very very soft.
9. Open the lid and see whether the gravy is thick. If not, reduce the water content by keeping the lid open either in the cooker or in the wide pan. Finally, sprinkle some coconut oil on top and garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves. Typical naadan chicken curry can be served best with kappa , parotta or kerala rice.