A typical kerala dish which goes well with kerala rice or kappa/tapioca.
1. Shallots 1o
2. Red chillies 2
3. Ginger-Garlic paste 2 tsp
4.Garlic cloves 2
5. Garam masala 1 tsp
6. Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
7. Chilly powder 2 tsp
8. Turmeric powder 1/2 ts
10.Chicken 1/2 kg
11. Coconut oil 1 tbsp
12. curry leaves, a few
1. Crush both shallots and red chillies together with a little salt to make the crushing easier.
2. In a pan, add some coconut oil and add the crushed mixture into it. Saute for a minute.
3. Add all the other ingredients except chicken and mix well.
4. Once the raw taste of the spices go, add chicken and mix well.
5. Once the chicken gets coated well with the spices and shallots, add a cup of hot water and mix.
6. Let it it boil. Then, simmer and cook the chicken till done.
7. If any water is leaft after the chicken is well cooked, keep the flame high and cook keeping the pan open. Reduce the water completely.
8. Garnish with lots of curry leaves. Serve hot with boiled chemba/kerala rice and pulishery.
Goes well with boiled kappa/Yuca-Root/Tapioca also. Spices can be added more when served with kappa.