1.Vanilla Custard Powder- 1/4 cup
2. Milk 3 cup
3. Sugar 1/2 cup
4. Gelatin- 1 packet
5. Vanilla Essence-3 drops
1. Keep aside quarter cup of milk from 3 cups and boil the milk(2 3/4 cups)in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Into the kept aside milk, mix the custard, store bought. You can use any brand which is available in the market.
3. Add the mixture into the boiling milk and simmer for half an hour. Stir continuously, other wise there are chances of sticking to the bottom and burning.
4. Add sugar, mix well and stir continuously until the milk starts thickening.Add the vanilla essence into this and stir, Switch of the flame.Let it cool in room temperature.
4.Into 1/4 cup of cold water add, the gelatin and let it stand for 10minutes.
5. Into gelatin, add 1/2 cup hot water and mix and dissolve.
6. When the custard mixture has cooled, add the gelatin into it, mix well and pour it into a dish. Keep in the freezer for an hour. Then take it out and keep it into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. Pudding will be ready and can be cut into desired shapes. Can be served with some freshly cut fruits in caramel(reduced sugar) syrup.
Variations: can be done by using different types of custard available in the market like strawberry, mango, mixed fruit or any other types of custards and replacing the essence accordingly with strawberry essence, orange, pine apple, mango or mixed fruit essence.