Sunday, May 1, 2011
Deep Fried Puffed Wheat Bread/Poori
1. Atta Flour- 2 cups
2. Salt- 1/2 tsp
3. Water,to knead the dough
4. Oil- 1 tsp
5. Oil,to deep fry the puris
1. Add the salt into the flour and Knead the dough well with enough water, the same way you make rotis.
2. Finally add the oil and knead well by pressing with hands and make a big ball and cover them with a damp cloth.Keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Make very small balls out of the dough.
4. Flatten the bread into equal rounds with the rolling pin, do not make it too thin like you flatten the rotis,it will not puff up and will be very thick flat bread. It must a little thick but not too thick also.
5. Heat oil in a wok,when it is piping hot,slide in each rounds one-by-one and fry it each side for some seconds by turning both sides just once.
6. Strain it and keep them into a paper towel without overlapping, so that all the oil will get absorbed into the towel.
7. Serve immediately with any gravy dishes.It goes best with chole or the poori-masala which I will be posting soon. Do not let it cool, the puffiness will be gone and it will turn tasteless.