Saturday, April 30, 2011
Healthy Spinach Roti
This is a very healthy version of roti which can be served both as a breakfast or for dinner. The best method to feed some healthy leafy vegetables to those who really dont like them. Even enough amount of spinach will be present in each roti,you wont even feel that something is incorporated inside a normal roti except for in its appearance. The green veggies delivers a bunch of vitamins and minerals. The healthy way of eating leafy vegetable also by just toasting both the sides without completely cooking and loosing their essential nutrients. Actually you can add whatever leaves you like or a combination of all together like Watercress/Methi, Collards, Dill, Cilantro(Coriander leaves) or any combination of green leafy veggies like mint, green onion leaves etc. Hence it becomes a package of Nutrients and delight to the soul.
1. Any Leafy Vegetable
I used Spinach, very finely chopped- 1 cup
2. Wheat Atta Flour- 2 cups
3. Salt- 1/2 tsp
4. Oil- 1 tsp
5. Water to make dough
1. Mix leaves and wheat flour in a wide open bowl and mix well.
2. Now add salt and toss well.
3. Make a pit in the middle and pour in water little-by-little and knead the dough with hands well into a big soft ball.
4. pour in the oil and knead well with hands and coat it well with oil and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. You can cover it with a damp cloth if you will be using it later than 15 minutes.
5. Make small balls out of the dough and roll each of them it into equal very thin flat rounds just like roti and keep aside.
6. Heat a griddle/thava and toast both the sides into soft-crisp leafy rotis.
7. Serve warm with any vegetable gravy.
I totally forgot to take some snaps of the end product as I was a little eager to know the taste, but both of us ended up in finishing off the rotis. ;)