Thursday, April 28, 2011
This is a very easy method of chilly mushroom making,takes only 10-15 minutes as the chinese cooking is very fast cooking and also as we are using mushrooms, the cooking will be done very soon. A very good recipe for bachelors.;) A very good starter for vegetarians and very tempting when well garnished and presented.So best for a party as it is a very low time consuming dish as well.
1. White Button Mushrooms- 10
2. Finely chopped Onion – 1/2
3. Grated Ginger – 1 tsp
4. Grated Garlic – 1 tsp
5. Finely chopped Green Chillies – 3
6. Capsicum thinly diced – 2 tbsp (optional)
7. Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp
8. Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
9. Spring Onion greens chopped-1/4 cup
10. Vegetable oil – 3 tsp
11. Green chilly Sauce- 1 1/2 tbsp
12. Celery,finely chopped-3 tbsp
13. Salt – to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute onion,ginger,garlic and green chillies.
2. When onion is half done add the soy and chilly sauces,celery and half the spring onion.
3. Add the washed and cleaned whole mushrooms and saute well.
4. Close and cook for 5 minutes, till mushrooms gets soft/cooked. Do not cook the mushrooms too much, it will become very soft and its crispiness and the original taste will be lost.
5. Finally add the pepper powder and saute twice. Close the lid and switch off the flame.
6. Serve warm with tooth picks inserted into each mushrooms and a spoon for its onion masala. Garnish with some spring onions on top and a rose flower.(Purely Optional)
7. This is not a gravy version, this is served as starter with some coating onion masala. To make it into gravy, mix some(1 tsp) cornflour in some(1/4 cup) water and add into this,Simmer for 2 minutes.Stir well, while it attains a thick gravy consistency, switch off the flame and serve warm with rotis,fried rice or parotta.
This is a sure hit for parties, I had served it many times and the recipe was shared. Bachelors are happy for this recipe, very easy, healthy and filling.