It has been a while that I tried something new out of chicken. I was just sticking to the different chicken dishes that I have already posted. But I am rejuvenated and yesterday I wanted to try a new dish. Thanks for this recipe, Annita. this is from her blog:My treasure My Pleasure.
But, I made with some changes in the the original recipe.It came out very well. Try it and Enjoy!
1. Chicken – 1/2 kg
2. Onion thinly sliced– 4 medium
3. Ginger-Garlic paste – 3 tsp
4. Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
5. Red Chilly powder – 3 tsp
6. Coriander powder – 6 tsp
7. Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
8. Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
9. Salt – to taste
10. Coconut oil – 3 tsp
1. Clean the chicken wll with some salt and turmeric powder, keep aside.
2. In a wide open pan add coconut oil and add sliced onion.
3. Add some of the curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste. Saute till the onion becomes soft.
4. Add all the chicken with some turmeric powder and salt. Toss for two minutes.
5. Now add all the powders and mix well to infuse the flavors into the chicken.
6. Do not add any trace of water into it. The water oozing out from the chicken will be enought to cook the chicken.
7. Keep the lid and cook in low flame,till the chicken is fully cooked and soft.Stir in intervals.
8. Once cooked, fry the chicken in low flame with the lid open.
9. Fry the chicken and onion to crisp. Finally add some curry leaves and sprinkle some fresh coconut oil.
10. Serve hot with Kerala parotta/roti or even boiled rice.