Here comes the first award for me: thanks a lot Sojo for the award.
Vegetable Pulao Recipe
1. Long Basmati Rice-1 cup
2. 2 cups of Water
3. Fresh Green Peas- 1/4 cup
4. Onion,thinly chopped- 1/2 cup
5. Cardamoms- 3-4
6. Cinnamon- 4
7. Cloves and bay leaves- 2-4
8. Carrot,thinly chopped- 1/2 cup
9. Cabbage-1/4 cup,thinly sliced
10. Ghee- 4 tsps
11. Salt,to taste
12. Coriander leaves-chopped- 1/2 cup
13. Fried onions and cashews- 1/4 cup
1. Wash and soak the rice for half an hour, drain and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tsps ghee in a pan and fry the cinnamon, cloves,bay leaves and cardamoms.
3. Saute for 2-3 minutes, add all the vegetables and fry for 3 minutes with some salt.
4. Then add the drained rice, salt and mix well with the spices to infuse well. Dry out the water if any and coat the rice well with ghee.
5. Now, add 2 cups of water, coriander leaves and boil.
6. When the water starts boiling, reduce the flame,cover and cook till the rice is done.
7. Finally open the lid and add the rest of the ghee, ghee-fried onion and cashews. Close and keep for a minute.
8. Switch off the flame and mix well without mashing the rice. To make it easy, if you need you can transfer this to a flat wide open pan and mix well.
9. Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot with the vegetable gravies like Panner butter masala.
Happy to share the award with some of the other bloggers:
2. Soumya of entepachakalokam
3. Deepa of Hamaree Rasoi
4. Srav's Culinary Concepts
5. Tina of kaipunyam.com
6. Anshu of My Mom's Recipes
7. Rachu of ammandbaby
8. Jaisy of entepachakasala
9. Um Mymunah of Taste Of Pearl city
10. Sarah Naveen of Vazhayila.com
1.Accept the award. Post it in your blog with the name of the blogger who has given u this award with a link to his/her blog.
2.Pass it on to 15 other blogger friends to keep the ball rolling.
3.Let the nominated blogger know about their award [leave a comment in their most recent post]