Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Schezwan Noodles with Healthy Whole-Wheat spaghetti
1. Whole Wheat Noodles :
2. Shredded Carrots,Green Beans,Cabbage : 1 cups
3. Onions thinly sliced: 1/4 cup
4. Green Capsicum sliced : 1/2
5. Soya Sauce : 1 tsp
6. Red Chilly Sauce : 1 tsp
7. Vinegar : 1 tsp
8. Chopped Cilantro- 1/4 cup
9. Ginger-Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
10. Vegetable Oil - 2 tsp
11. Salt to taste
1. Cut the noodles into half.
2. Boil 4 cups water with some salt and a drop of vegetable oil.
3. Cook it the noodles is soft and well-cooked.
4. Strain them and wash the noodles in a sieve by cold running water immediately.
5. Heat oil in a pan,add ginger-garlic paste and add onions,saute for 2 minutes.
6. When it starts changing color,add shredded vegetables and saute it well.
7. Add all the sauces and salt to taste.
8. Add cooked noodles into it and mix it thoroughly using a spatula and a fork.Do not press and mix with a spatula, it will break the noodles into pieces leaving them broken not able to twirl in a fork while eating.
10. Keep in high heat for a minute.
8. Serve hot when its done. Goes best with Chilli-Chicken or Chicken Manchurian.