Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Kappa Puzhungiyath/Cooked Tapioca/Yuca Root/Cassava Root/Maracheeni Puzhungiyath
1. Yuca Root/Kappa- 1 kilo
2. Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
3. Salt- 2 tbsp
1. Remove the thick skin of the tapioca. Clean under running water by transferring into another vessel 3-4 times to remove any dust or sand particles on it. Cut them into medium pieces.
2. In a big vessel of water more than enough to dip the tapioca pieces, cook them with the turmeric and salt.
3. Cook keeping the lid open for 40 minutes, otherwise its really poisonous. When the pieces are soft and fully cooked, switch off the flame. You can check it using a fork pressing into the pieces.
4. When done, strain the tapioca pieces into a sieve. Keep open for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve walm with fish curry and fish fry.