Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Idichaka Mezhukkuperatti/Idichakka Upperi/Gidgi Ukkeri/Raw Jackfruit Stir Fry
1. Idichakka/Raw Jackfruit, cut into small pieces- 2 cup
2. Coconut Oil- 1 tbsp
3. Curry leaves, a few
4. Red dried chillies- 2 split into 3
5. Mustard to splutter
6. Salt,to taste
1. Remove the thick skin, cut the middle thick portion.
2. Apply some oil on the knife and cut the jackfruit into small pieces.
3. In a wok, add oil splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry red chillies.
4. Add the cut jackfruit pieces.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Cover and cook for 20 minutes till its fully cooked.
7. While done, keep the lid open for a minute, stir-fry and pour 1/2 tsp oil on top.
8. Serve hot with kerala boled rice, pappadam and moru curry.