This is my signature dish. I thought of trying something good and healthy out of carrot, as I bought some fresh carrot and it was so tempting, dragging me into the kitchen to do something.Its been a long that we had soup, usually I used to prepare mushroom or vegetable clear soup once in a week. But those days are long gone.So the carrots were wanting me to get cooked into soup. I tried it in my own style. It came out well and yummy.
1. Onion, very thinly choppes- 3 tbsp
2. Vegetable oil- 2 tsp
3. Ginger, thinly sliced- 1 tsp
4. Garlic pods,chopped finely- 1 1/2 tsp
5. Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
6. Carrots, chopped- 2 cups
7. Vegetable stock/ Boiled-Rice cooked water/Kanjivellam- 1 1/2 cup
8. Cornflour- 1 tsp
9. Coriander leaves, to garnish
11.Butter, a small cube
12.Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
1. In a wok, add oil and the ginger-garlic.
2. Add onion and saute for a minute.
3. Add coriander powder, salt and saute for a minute.
4. Add carrots and 1 cup of rice-water and simmer and cook.
5. When the carrots start becoming soft and not fully cooked, Switch off the flame.Let it cool.
6. When its cooled, transfer the mixture into a blender and grind it into fine liquid with no carrot pieces left behind.
7. In the same wok, heat a cube of butter, add cornflour and fry for a minute.
8. Pour the liquid mixture into it and simmer to boil, ad just salt and the thickness by adding some rice water.
9. If it becomes watery simmer for some more minute so that the cornflour makes the liquid thicker. Sprinkle pepper powder.
10. Garnish with coriander bunch serve with some onion croutons.