1. Okra/Bhindi- 2-3
2. Yogurt/Curd- 1/2 cup
3. Coconut shred- 1 cup
4. Chilly powder- 1 tsp
5. Salt,to taste
6. Oil, to fry
7. Oil-2 tsp
8. Mustard seeds, to splutter
9. Jeera- 2 tsp
10. Curry leaves- 3-4, chopped
1. Cut the okra into small round pieces.
2. Toss them with some salt and keep aside.
3. Grind together Coconut shred, yogurt and chilly powder.
4. In a pan, heat the oil to fry and fry the okras into fine crisp. Drain from oil and keep aside.
5. In a wok, heat 2 tsps of oil, splutter mustard seeds and jeera.
6. Add cuury leaves and the ground mixture into it. Add the fried okras too.
7. Keep the lid and Simmer for 2 minutes, do not over heat to curdle the curd-coconut mixture.
8. Serve as ozhichu curry(gravy) with boiled rice.
Jeera must be a little more in this recipe, it adds to the taste and aroma of this recipe.
This can also be done using fried bitter-gourd/pavakka.
The taste adds when kept for sometime(1 hr) and then served.