A common-man's food which is very much regularly made at most keralite home. Simple and easily made and served with chutney,pickle or potato curry.
1. Whole-wheat flour/Atta/Gothamb podi-2 cups
2. Oil-2 tsp
3. Mustard seeds, to splutter
4. Curry leaves-3,chopped
5. Green chillies-1,finely chopped
6. Salt,to taste
7. Jeera/Fennel seeds, to splutter
8. Water-2 1/2 cups
1. In a vessel, mix together wheat flour,salt and enough water to the dosa consistency.
2. In a wok, heat oil and splutter mustard seeds,jeera,green chillies and curry leaves.
3. Pour this into the batter and mix well.
4. In a griddle, pour a ladle full of batter and spread in a round manner.
5. Sprinkle some oil or ghee on top.
6. Toast/cook both the sides by flipping. Serve hot with chutney or potato curry.