Sunday, February 27, 2011
1. Cooked potato-1
2. Onion chopped into very thin- 1 tbsp
3. Vegetable oil-1 tsp
4. Jeera- 1/2 tsp
5. Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Dry fenugreek leaves crushed- 1/4 tsp
8. Green chillies,finely chopped-1
8. Atta/Whole Wheat Flour- 2 cup
9. Oil,to knead the dough- 1tsp
10. Salt to taste
1. Cook the peeled potatoes in water with some salt,mash them finely and keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil,add jeera,green chillies and onion. Saute for a minute.
3. Add all the other ingredients and potato and mix well. Adjust salt if required.
4. Add 2 tsps of water, stir and mix for a minute. Dry it well and keep aside to cool down.
5. Make small sized balls of this mixture and keep aside.
5. Knead together all the ingredients into a chapathi dough.
6. Make medium sized balls from it, a bit larger than the usual chapathi balls.
7. Roll it into the size of a buri, using a rolling pin with help of wheat four just like chapathi.
8. Keep the smaller ball of masala into it, close the ball with the wheat dough sealing the masala inside and pull-off the excess wheat dough from the bigger ball.
9. Roll them into thin chapathis, do not worry if rolled carefully, it will never break and the masala come out. Even if masala comes out, seal the part with some wheat dough and roll over.
10. 8-10 paratas can be made like this.
11. Toast them on a griddle one by one by flipping just once and applying some butter on them.
12. Top them with a scoop of butter. Serve hot with Raita and Pickle. Enjoy.