Monday, January 31, 2011
Simple Home-Made Bread Sandwich
1. Bread- 6
2. Butter- 2 tbsp
3. Cabbage shredded- 2 cups
5. Salt and Pepper taste
1. Toast the bread both sides in a toaster or in a pan to a little brown.Do not toast too much and make it crispy. It must be still soft inside and crispy outside.
2. In a pan, add one tbsp of butter, add the shredded cabbage. Sprinkle some pepper powder and salt if you are using unsalted butter.
3. Saute till cabbage is soft and half cooked. Do not add any water. Keep aside.
4. Beat the eggs with an egg-beater or an egg-whisk or in a deep glass with a fork.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. In a pan, add 2 tsp of oil and make an omelet by pouring this into the pan and spreading it by just tilting the pan.
7. Make a flat thin omelete. Keep aside.
8. On the toasted breads apply some butter on one-side with a knife.
9. Keep half or 1/4th of the omelete according to your need on the buttered bread.
10. Close the bread with another bread loaf with the buttered side facing down.
11. Enjoy them hot with some orange juice for break-fast or as an evening snack.