Monday, January 17, 2011
1. Onion- 1, finely chopped
2. Cleaned Prawns- 10
3. Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
4. Chilly Powder- 2 tsp
5. Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tsp
6. Curry leaves- a few
7. Tomato- 1/2, cubed
8. Coconut oil- 3 tbsp
9. Garam Masala- 1 tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Perinjeerakam/Ani seeds- 1/2 tsp
1. In a pan, add oil, saute onion and curry leaves.
2. Add tomato, perinjeerakam and all the powders, saute till the raw taste goes. Do not add any water. The water from the prawns is enough to cook them.
3. Add the cleaned,washed prawns into it along with some salt to taste.
4. Add lots of curry leaves. Stir well, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Open the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Now the prawns will be cooked thoroughly.
6. Dry the water by cooking open.
7. Add some oil when all the water has dried out.Fry till mix becomes very dry and deep brown in color. Stir and fry well till onions becomes stiff. Do not over cook the prawns it turns to a rubbery-form, making it difficult to chew.
8. Now the masala would be covering the prawns sticking to them,At the end add a tsp oil and some more curry leaves. Close the lid. Switch off the flame.
9. Open the lid and give a mix just before serving.