Monday, January 17, 2011
Delicious Chicken Roast
1. Chicken pieces- 1/2 kg
Drumsticks/Chicken Legs will be more tasty for this recipe- 5 nos
2. Onion- 2 Sliced
3. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
4. Chilly Powder- 2 tsp
5. Coriander powder- 1 tsp
6. Curry leaves- a few
7. Tomato- 1/2, cubed
8. Coconut oil- 3 tbsp
9. Garam Masala- 1 tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Ginger-Garlic Paste- 2 tsp
To marinate chicken
1.Ginger- Garlic paste- 2 tsp
2.Chilly powder/paprika and pepper powder- 1/2 tsp each
3.Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
4.Garam masala-1/2 tsp
5.Salt to taste
6.Coriander powder- 1/2 tsp
8.Rice powder and maida-1 tsp each
1. Marinate the chicken with the masala powders and keep aside for an hour.
2. Deep fry them in hot oil. Keep aside.
3. In a pan, add oil, saute onion and curry leaves.
4. Add tomato and all the powders, saute till the raw taste goes.
5. Add lots of curry leaves.
6. Now, add the crisp fried chicken into this and mix well.
7. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, so that all the flavors penetrates into te chicken pieces.
8. Now open the lid and dry out all the water from the mixture.
9. Once dried, add 2 tsp oil into this and fry again keeping the lid open and the onions start becoming stiff and nice smell comes.
10. Garnish with curry leaves. Serve with chapathi,appam or naan