Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Kappa Puzhuk- Authentic dish from kerala using tapioca/ Yuca Root
1. Oil- 4 tsp
2. Tapioca- 1 kilo
3. Green chillies- 5-6
4. Shredded Coconut- 3 cups/1 coconut
5. Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
6. Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
7. Garlic pods- 5-6
8. Curry leaves- 2 strands
9. Salt,to taste
10. Shallots- 6-7
1. Grind together green chillies, coconut, cumin seeds, garlic pods,turmeric powder,shallots,curry leaves and salt.
2. Cook tapioca in hot boiling water with salt and turmeric powder.
3. When cooked, sieve the water from the tapioca and keep aside for some time till all the water drizzles and get separated.
4. Donot cook tapioca closed or in a pressure cooker. The fumes coming from tapioca should escape.Otherwise its poisonous.
5. In a heavy bottom pan, add oil and transfer the cooked tapioca into it.
6. Add the ground mixture into it. Stir and mix well.
7. Add lots of curry leaves and some coconut oil on top.
1. Splutter some mustard seeds, dry red chillies and some curry leaves in a tsp of coconut oil and garnish.
2. Mix well while serving.
3. Serve hot with naadan chicken curry or fish curry.