Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Chuttaracha Chammanthi-Fried coconut chutney,Authentic Kerala cuisine
1. Shredded Coconut- 1 cup
2. Dry Red Chillies- 2
3. Shallots/ Kunjulli- 3-4, finely chopped
4. Coriander powder- 1 tsp
5. Tamarind Paste- 1/4 tsp
6. Salt, to taste
7. Coconut Oil- 1 tsp
1. In a pan, heat oil and add coconut, chillies,shallots and salt.
2. Saute till coconut becomes dark brown and fully browned.
3. Take care not to burn the coconut, keep stirring till the end.
4. Add coriander powder and fry for a minute.
5. In a blender, add this mixture and the tamarind paste.
6. Blend without adding 2 tsps of water into a thick dry paste.
7. Chutney is ready and can be served with kerala rice or kanji.