1. Coconut Oil- 1 tsp
2. Mustard seeds, to splutter
3. Half an onion, finely chopped
4. Green chillies- 2, finely chopped
5. Half a Beetroot cubed into very small pieces
6. Ginger, grated- 1 tsp
7. Curry leaves, one strand
8. Salt, to taste
9. Thick curd- 1 1/2 cup
1. Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and some curry leaves.
2. Add onion, green chillies and saute till translucent.
3. Add beet,ginger,salt and some more curry leaves.
4. Saute till beets become soft. Donot add water to cook them.
5. Remove from flame.
6. Mix the curd with and 1/2 cup water.
7. Add this into the beet mix and stir well till all the flavors are mixed into curd.
8. Adjust salt according to the sourness of the curd used.
9. Serve as a side dish or as a salad with rice.
10. This is best served while having some fish eventhough curd should not be in-taken with fish.