1. Dal/parippu/Yellow split peas-1/4 cup
2. Vellarikka/Cucumber- 1 cup, cubed
3. Curry leaves, a few
4. Drumstick/Muringakka- 5-6 split into two
5. Fenugreek/Methi/Uluva-a pinch
6. Coconut Oil- 2 tsp
7. Mustard seeds, to splutter
8. Coconut grated- 1/2 cup
9. Chilly Powder- 2 tsp
10. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Cook dal and keep aside.
2. Cook cucumber and drumstick together with some salt. Once its cooked add dal into it. Boil for 2 minutes.
3. Grind together coconut, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
4. Add this ground mixture into the cooked vegetables and dal. Simmer and boil till the raw taste of coconut and chilly goes. add some salt.
5. In another pan, heat oil splutter mustard, curry leaves and methi.
6. Add this into the the curry and close the lid for a few seconds. Switch off the flame and give a stir while serving so that the spluttered items will get mixed with the curry. Adjust salt if required. Can be served with kerala rice as a side dish.