Ingredients1. Dal (parippu)/ Moong dal(cherupayar) or Red dal(vanpayar)- 3 tbsp
2. Vaazha Koomb-1/2
3. Shallots/ small onions- 4, chopped
4. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
5. Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
6. Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
7. Oil- 1 tbsp
8. Mustard seeds, to splutter
9. Curry leaves- 3-4 chopped
10. Black-gram/Uzhunnu- 1/4 tsp
1. Finely chop the plantain-seed into a vessel with some water so that it does not stick to each other. Brush your hands with oil and then start cutting to avoid sticking on to your hand.
2. Cook dal to half.
3. In a pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds.
4. Saute chopped shallots. Add the chopped plantain-seed.
5. Add some water and cook. After sometime, add the grated coconut which is mixed with turmeric powder and chilly powder.
6. When it is fully cooked and the water has dried out, add curry leaves. Serve as a side dish for rice.