1. Rice-flakes/Aval- 1 cup
2. Peanut/Kappalandi fried in oil-1/4 cup
3. Pappad/Pappadam cut into very small pieces, fried in oil- 2
4. Oil- 1/4 tsp
5. Mustard, 1/2 tsp
6. Jeera/Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
7. Curry leaves, a few
8. Green chillies, chopped- 3
9. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Fry rice-flakes/aval with turmeric powder till it becomes crispy and the raw taste goes. Do not burn the flakes, fry in very low flame .
2. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds,curry leaves and green chillies. Fry till brown.
3. Switch off the flame and add the fried flakes, peanuts and pappad. Mix well
4. When cooled, store in an air-tight container for months and have with hot tea.