1. Chana Dal/ Kadala parippu- 1/4 cup
2. Black gram/Uzhunnu parippu- 1 cup
3. Coriander/Malli- 3 tbsp
4. Dried red chillies- 2 tbsp
5. Salt, to taste
6. Asafoiteda/Heeng- 1 1/2 tsp
7. Oil- 1/4 tsp
1. Fry together chana dal, black gram and coriander in very low flame for 10 minutes in 1/4 tsp oil.
2. Do not burn, fry till the raw taste goes and the smell starts coming.
3. Add red chillies and fry for a minute. Switch off the flame.
4. When it cools down, grind them into fine powder without adding any water.
5. Add salt and heeng. Keep in air-tight container and can be stored for months.
6. This is served by mixing with oil and making it to a paste. This is served with idlis and dosa.Courtesy to my mom.