1. Yam Stem- a bunch (mostly collected after taking its leaves for pathrodo, a recipe posted under the same category)
2. Green chillies slit- 2-3
3. Tamarind paste- 1/4 tsp
4. Shredded coconut- 1/2 a cup
5. oil- 1/4 tsp
6. Heeng/ Asafoetida- a pinch
1. Cut and remove the yam stem from the leaf. Then remove all the fiber running through its two vertical sides.
2. Cook them with slit green chillies and tamarind paste.
3. Water will ooze out and when it gets cooked add shredded coconut, oil and heeng.
4. Cover and keep for a minute. stir well and switch off the flame.
5. Serve as a side dish with boiled kerala rice and other vegetable side dishes.