1. Chicken breast-4 pieces
2. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
3. Salt, to taste
5. Onion-1 chopped
6. Ginger- 1/2 tsp chopped
7. Green chillies-2 chopped
8. Chicken masala-1/2 tsp
9. Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
10. Ani seeds/perinjeerakam-1/2 tsp
11. Bread crumbs/Rusk powder-1/2 cup
12.Oil, to deep fry
13. Egg white-1
1. Cook the cubed chicken breasts with salt and turmeric powder in boiling water.
2. When its cooked and cooled down, mash the chicken with a spatula or can easily be shredded using a blender/mixie.
3. Boil the potatoes with salt. When its cooked and cooled, mash well with a spatula or hands and mix well with the chicken.
4. In a pan, add some oil, add aniseeds and saute the onion, ginger and green chillies.
5. Add chicken masala, garam masala and saute for a minute.
6. Add the potato-chicken mix into this and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes by stirring well without allowing it to stick to the bottom. Do not add water into this.
7. When its done, switch off the flame. When it gets cooled, take 2 spoon full of the mixture into your hand and make a ball out of it. Slowly, press with the other hand to make it into patties or a flat shape. Brush some oil onto the hands to avoid sticking.
8. Roll the sides of the cutlet onto the hand and make it thicker. Follow the same for the rest of the mixture.
9. Into a plate pour the egg white, no need of beating them. In another plate, take the bread crumbs. Deeply toasted unsweetened bread or store-bought unsweetened rusk can be powdered to bread crumb with a mixie or you can use store-bought bread crumbs.
10. Now place the patties into the egg white, turn the other side and make sure that the whole patties is brushed with the egg white. Now, keep them into the second plate with bread crumbs. Coat all the sides with the bread crumbs. Do this the same for all the patties.
11. Heat the oil. Make sure that the oil is well heated. Fry the patties 4-5 at a time.
Keep in mind that all the ingredients are already cooked, all we need to do is to make the outer cover crispy. So keep the flame in medium-high, so that the patties never turns oily and the crispiness is attained very fast which doesnt need any cooking. Remove from oil when it is dark-brown on the outside.
12. Chicken Cutlets are ready and can be served with tomato ketchup/sauce and some thinly sliced onion crushed with vinegar.