Monday, July 5, 2010
1. White Rice- 1 cup
2. Moong dal- 1/4 cup
3. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
4. Ghee- 3 tbsp
5. Urud dal- 1/2 tsp
6. Mustard, to splutter
7. Jeera- 1 tsp
8. Pepper- 1/2 tsp
9. Green chillies- 2
10. Grated ginger- 1tsp
11. Cashew nuts- 6 to 10
12. Curry leaves, a few
13. Asafoeiteda/ heeng/kayam- a pinch
14. Jeera powder, a pinch
15. Salt, to taste
1. Cook moong dal till half done with some turmeric powder.
2. Cook rice till half done with salt and turmeric powder.
3. In a pan, add ghee. Add urud dal, splutter mustard seeds.
4. Add jeera,green chillies, grated ginger, split cashews and curry leaves. Saute for some seconds.
5. Add heeng, a pinch of turmeric powder, jeera powder. Saute.
6. Into this, add rice and moong . Mix well with all the ingredients in the pan.
7. Add 1/4 cup water and cook by mashing the rice and moong well with the ingredients.
8. Sprinkle pepper powder and give a stir. Serve with some pickle or curd and boondhi mixture and a cube of butter on top.