Preparation time: 30 mnts
3 Onion sliced length-wise
1/2 a tomato chopped
2 green chillies finely chopped
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2 tbsp Chilly powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
11/2 tbsp Coriander powder
2 tbsp Meat masala (Eastern brand masala is the best for this)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 strand of curry leaves
2 strands Coriander leaves
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 a cup Coconunt Milk (Optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add the sliced onion,a few curry leaves,chopped green chillies. Saute till transparent.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and the chopped tomatoes. Saute till tomatoes gets cooked.
4. Add the turmeric powder,chilly powder,coriander powder and meat masala and salt fry till the raw tastes of the masala goes off or till it becomes dark brown(3-4 mnts).
5. Add 1 glass of water or mix the coconut milk with 1/2 glass of water and pour into the pan and mix well. Add the remaining curry leaves. Let it boil,then simmer for 1 minute. Switch off the stove when it attains a thick constitency and brown in colour.
5. In a vessel pour enough water to keep the egg dipped inside water and boil for 10-12 mnts. Once done, keep the boiled egg under running water and peel off its cover.
6. Cut the egg vertically at the middle into two equal halves.
7. Put these eggs into the gravy in the pan with yellow portion facing down. Give it a very gentle mix. Garnish it with the coriander leaves. Serve hot.