1.Chicken 5-6 pieces
2.Oil 4 tbsp
3.Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
4.Aniseeds(Perinjeerakam) 1 1/2 tsp
5.onion 2 chopped
6.Ginger-Garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp
7.Green Chillies 2 chopped
8.Chilly Powder 1 1/2 tbsp
9.Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
10.Garam Masala 2 tbsp
11.Pepper Powder 1 tbsp
13.Vinegar 2 tsp
14.Curry Leaves, a few
1. Clean and cut chicken into very very fine pieces. (Donot grind in a mixie or minse chicken to get the fine pieces).
2. Heat Oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds.
3. Add aniseeds (perinjeerakam).
4. Once it is brown,add the sliced onion.chopped green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Saute well.
5. Once the onion turns translucent, add chicken and salt.
6. Once the chicken starts becoming white, add chilly powder,coriander powder,vinegar,half of the pepper powder and the home-made garam masala. Add some of the curry leaves and fry nicley.
7. Add 1 glass full water and mix well. When it starts boiling,keep the lid on and cook the chicken well by making the flame to low. (Keep in mind that the chicken will get cooked earlier than the usual cooking since its finely chopped).
8.Once cooked, reduce the excess water if left over by keeping in medium flame and the pan open. Add the rest of the curry leaves and sprinkle some pepper powder on top and mix once and switch of the flame. Serve hot.