A healthy summer drink with no artificial flavors, good for kids too.
1. Milk Powder- 3 tbsp
2. Badam/Almonds- 6-7
3. Sugar- 2 tbsp
5. Saffron-a pinch
6. Milk- 1 Cup
1. Peel off the almond/badam skin. You can do this easily by soaking the almonds in water for 2 hours and then peel off the skin easily. Dry them without a trace of water, by tossing them onto a paper towel and keeping open for sometime.
2. Grate the badam using a grater and keep aside.
3. In a dry blender, take sugar, cardamom without its shell and grated almonds. When its finely powdered, add milk powder.
4. Blend it without any trace of water for a minute.When everything is finely powdered and mixed together,transfer them into a dry bowl. Mix in the saffron and keep aside. This can be kept in a closed air-tight box for months under room temperature.
5. Mix 2- 2 1/2 tbsps of almond powder into 1 cup of milk. Adjust sugar by adding sugar crystals if desired.
6. Serve cold.