An authentic Kerala snack, common at every keralite's home.
1. Ripe Plantain- 1
2. All Purpose Flour/ Maida- 1/2 cup
3. Rice Flour Or Cornflour- 2 tbsp
4. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
5. Salt- 1/4 tsp
6. Sugar- 3 tsp
7. Oil, to deep fry
1. Cut the plantain into equal sized thin long pieces.
2. Mix all the ingredients from 2-6 with 14 cup of water to a medium thick paste to dip and fry.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Dip each plantain pieces into the prepared batter and slide them into the piping hot oil.
5. We can fry 3-4 at a time in a medium sized pan, frying more than this at a time will make the banan fry very oily.
6. Fry both the sides into golden yellow and strain them and keep them on paper towel.
7. Serve with hot tea.