Thursday, March 31, 2011
Beetroot Thoran and the Forth Award
1. Beetroot-1,finely cubed.
2. Green chilies-2
3. Shallots/ onion,finely chopped- 2 tbsp
4. Shredded CoconutCoconut-1/4 cup
5. Curry leaves- 3-4 chopped
6. Mustard-1/2 tsp
7. Oil-1 tbsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
10. Urud dal/Black gram- 1/4 tsp
1. Heat the oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add the urud dal and let it brown, do not burn it,reduce the flame.
3. Add chopped chillies and curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onion and saute for a minute.
5. Add the chopped beetroots and salt to taste, mix well. Cover and cook in low flame for 3 minutes. Do not add any water.
6. Mix the turmeric powder with shredded coconut and add this into the beetroot. Mix well and cover and cook till the onion is very soft and beetroots are fully cooked.
7. Serve warm with boiled/steamed rice.
Here comes the forth award, Thanks to Ambreen of Simply Sweet N Savory: