Sunday, March 20, 2011
Okra/Bhindi Strir Fry/Vendakka Mezhukkuperatti
1. Okra/Vendakka- 10-12
2. Oil- 2 tsp
3. Mustard seeds, to splutter
4. Chilly Powder- 1 tsp
5. Salt, to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and add chilly powder.
2. Add Okra and enough salt. Do not add any trace of water into it. If the okra is wet while cutting after washing them, dry them out with a paper towel and then cut them into equal round.
3. Close and cook for 2-3 minutes and then fry them opening the pan.
4. Stir in regular intervals.
5. Fry into semi-crisp soft okras and serve as a side dish with steamed/boiled rice.