Monday, March 21, 2011

Beetroot Mezhukkuperatti




Ingredients
1. Beetroot, cut into very small cubes- 1/2 a cup
2. Onion, finely chopped- 1/4 cup
3. Oil- 1 tsp
4. Mustard seeds,to splutter
5. Curry leaves- 2-3 chopped
6. Green-chillies, chopped-1
7. Salt,to taste

Preparation Method:
1. In a pan, add oil and splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add curry leaves,green-chillies, onion and beet-root chops.
3. Sprinkle enough salt on them and mix well.
4. Close and cook stirring in regular intervals.
5. Serve warm with boiled/steamed rice.

12 comments:

  1. Wat a catchy and vibrant mezhukkuperatti,delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..looks yummy and colorful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this,my favorite..colorful mezhukkuperatti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one neenu...I have it in my draft...vl upload sometime...Hey I had checked the award...forgot abt it totally...added u too in that link...
    Good to know that u tried and liked my brinjal fry...Do keep visiting the blog...And Thanks for joining my small kitchen..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Neenu, Very colourful dish and easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a beautiful stir fry.Love it. As a child I used to envy anyone in my class who brought this for lunch as this stir fry leaves a pink color when mixed with rice and as a girl I always wanted pink rice.Now my daughter also love this vegetable for the same reason.Will try your version soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome colorful mezhukkupeatti

    ReplyDelete