Sunday, February 27, 2011
1. White Button Mushrooms- 8-10
2. Bell Pepper- 1/4 cup, cubed
3. Onion-1, thinly chopped
4. Tomato-chopped,1/4 cup
5. Ginger-Garlic Paste- 1 1/2 tsp
6. Green chillies-2, finely chopped
7. Chilly Powder- 2 tsp
8. Jeera-1/2 tsp
9. Coriander powder- 1/4 tsp
10. Turmeric POwder-1/4 tsp
11. Garam masala-1/2 tsp
12. Dry Fenugreek leaves, crushed- 1/2 tsp
13. Fresh Coriander leaves, chopped- 1/4 cup
1. In a wok, pour 2 tsps of vegetable oil, add jeera and ginger -galric paste.Saute for a minute.
2. Add onion with green chillies. Saute till translucent.
3. Add tomato and bell pepper and saute for a minute.
4. Now, add all the powders,coriander leaves and crushed dry-fenugreek leaves, mix till raw taste goes.
5. Into this add the fresh button mushrooms cut into half and mix thoroughly to infuse all the flavors.
6. Close and cook till mushrooms becomes soft and cooked well.
7. Donot add any water, the water oozing out from mushroom is enough to cook them. Water will be left behind even after fully cooking the mushrooms.Keep them like that if you need gravy.Or reduce to dry the water to get a thick gravy kadai mushrooms. Garnish with some coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan or roti.