Friday, February 18, 2011
1. Idli Rice/Sona Masoori/Ponni Rice- 1 cup
2. Urud Dal- 1/2 cup
3. Salt- 2 tsps
1. Soak the two ingredients separately in water overnight, after washing them both thoroughly.
2. Grind urud dal first till it froths very well(for 6-7 mnts in a mixer) and pour into a deep vessel.
3. Grind the rice now to its three-forth, not to fine paste and pour it into the same vessel of urud-dal batter.
4. Add salt and Mix them both to combine weach other with your hand.
5. Kepp to fermet a day. Follow the same steps in here.
6. In an idli making curve, brush some coconut oil and pour a ladle full of fermented batter.
7. Pour the idli making vessel with water enough to steam for 20-25 minutes and let it steam.
8. Keep the idli curves into this and close and steam-cook for 20 minutes.
9. Open and let not the vapors from the lid fall on the cooked idlis once the flame is switched off.
10. Scrape the idlis out with a knife or a spoon. Keep warm inside a casserole till serving.
11. Serve warm with chutney or sambar.