Friday, January 7, 2011
ChickPeas Masala/Kabuli Channa Masala/ White kadala Curry
1. Kabuli channa- 1 ½ cups
2. Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
3. Chopped onion- 1
4. Tomato,cubed- 1
5. Green Chillies-3
6. Oil-2 tsp
7. Curry leaves- one strand
8. Mustard,to splutter
9. Meat Masala-1 tbsp
10. Chilly powder- ½ tsp
11. Coriander powder- 1 tsp
12. Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
13. Chopped Cilantro-1/2 cup
14. Salt, to taste
1. Soak channa in water for 5 hours.
2. Wash and cook the channa in a pressure cooker for half an hour with salt and turmeric powder.
3. In a pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, and some curry leaves.
4. Add sliced onion and sauté till it becomes translucent.
5. Add green chillies,ginger-garlic paste , tomatoes and sauté for a minute.
6. Add all the powders and stir till the raw taste goes.
7. Add channa and some water from the cooker enough make thick gravy.
8. Close and cook for 15 minutes till all the flavors are absorbed by the channa.
9. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with appam,chapathi,idiyappam etc: