1. Potato- 1 diced
2. Carrot-1 diced
3. Green peas- 1/4 cup
4. Onion-1/2 chopped
5. Green chillies-3 chopped
6. Curry leaves, a few
7. Oil- 2 tbsp
8. Mustard, to splutter
9. Garam masala-1/4 tsp
10. Cloves, Cinnamon, Bay leaves,Cloves- 3 each
11. Thick Coconut Milk- 1 1/2 cups
12. Salt,to taste
13. Pepper powder- 1 1/2 tsp
14. Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tsp
15. Coriander leaves, a few
16. Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds.
2. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom,bay leaves and garam masala. Saute for a minute and the nice flavor of garam masla starts coming.
3. Add onion and saute till translucent. Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste. Saute well.
4. Add coriander powder and saute till the raw taste goes.
5. Add the vegetables: diced potato, carrot and green peas. Saute for a minute mixing well with all the other ingredients in the pan. Sprinkle half tsp pepper powder.
6. Add one cup of coconut milk mixed with one cup of water. Add salt to taste.
7. When it starts boiling, keep the lid closed and flame to low. Let the vegetables cook.
8. Add half cup thick coconut milk, stir for a minute. Sprinkle 1 tsp of pepper powder.
9. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves or curry leaves. Serve with appam or idiyappam.