A simple dish at every keralite's kitchen.
A short note on what we eat: The Medicinal properties of cabbage: (from Google)
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C. It has anti-inflammatory properties. Cabbage is a low calorie food. It can boost DNA repair in cells and appears to block the growth of cancer cells.Boiling reduces anti-cancer properties.Fresh cabbage juice has been shown to promote rapid healing of peptic ulcers.
1. Cabbge- 2 cups, finely shredded
2. Coconut shred- 1/4 cup
3. Turmeris powcer- 1/4 tsp
4. Green chillies- 2 slit to two.
5. Urud dal- 1/2 tsp
6. Mustard seeds, to splutter
7. Shallots-3-4, sliced
8. Coconut oil- 2 tsp
9. Salt, to taste
1. Finely slice the cabbage, for this you can even use the vegetable-shredder.
2. In a wok, add 2 tsp coconut oil, splutter mustard seeds, add green-chillies and urud dal,fry it to golden color.
3. Add shallots and fry sor a minute.
4. Add the cabbage and salt to taste, cover and cook.
5. In a bowl, mix together the shredded coconut with turmeric powder and add it into the cabbage once it starts becoming soft.Adjust salt after adding the coconut mixture.
6. Keep the lid and cook them without adding water. Stir in intervals.
6. Serve warm with rice.